Independence Day is a time to celebrate the day in Bandon, Oregon. When the sun sets, our Grand Fireworks Display over the Coquille River is spectacular.
Watch the fireworks from any location with a view of the Coquille River mouth. Popular viewing spots include Old Town Bandon and South Jetty Road. The annual fireworks display is presented by the City of Bandon with support from the Bandon Chamber of Commerce.
While 2021 will not be filled with "events" everyone is invited to create "a home grown family event" for your group/family.
May we suggest:
Following the parade have an old fashioned – do it yourself – 4th of July celebration.
* Grab some groceries, maybe a grill, some lawn chairs and head to the beach, City Park, State Park, and have a great BBQ/picnic with friends and family.
* Bring your kite and go to the beach and fly it! With friends and family!
* Grab a treat from your favorite treat store, walk around Old Town, and meet new friends and see old friends.
* Head to the beach with family and/or friends and practice making sculptures in the sand, a sand castle, sand art, and hone your skills for the Sand Castle Contest during Cranberry.
* Bring your own crab pot or rent one from a merchant at the Port/Boardwalk area, and go crabbing.
* Bike Party - Mountain Trails, or Streets or fat tire beach rides
* Horseback Rides on the Beach
* Hike the Museum Historical Hikes - several available (paper maps are available at the Visitors Center and the Bandon Historical Museum.
Date and Time
Sunday Jul 4, 2021 9:30 PM - 11:00 PM PDT
July 4, 9:30 p.m. (sunset)
Coquille River Waterfront & and many vantage points in/around Bandon